Monday, January 26, 2009

Do Right

My eldest son Luke did something the other day and I thought, I should blog about that.  It was then that I came to the shocking realization that I haven't blogged about my children at all.   Perhaps I thought the posts would be too whimsical or lacking in broad enough appeal.  In any case I'm not trying to sell you anything so here goes.

The other day I gave Luke and Emily some instructions before bedtime about some things I wanted done in the morning.  I was surprised to find that not only had they followed my instructions to the letter, but they did a good job as well.  We don't normally reward our children for obedience, but sometimes we like to just so they know we are watching and appreciate their cheerful submission.  In this case we decided to take them to Chick-fil-a.  They seemed to enjoy it.  That night I was giving Luke instructions for the next morning and he asked the question, "And what will I get if I do that?"  Needless to say we had a little chat about doing right because it is right to do.

2 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That is a great story! I enjoyed reading a post on your kids!

Karis said...

That made me laugh because that sounded so like my Kayla. Kids are just tooooooo smart! They pick up on things so quickly. Then again, why is it that there are other things that I feel like I repeat over and over. :-)

Kid posts are great!